Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chapter 1: What are the Advantages and Disadvantages to being a Teacher?

I think that it is important to consider both the advantages and disadvantages of being a teacher. For me, the advantages have most definitely outweighed the disadvantages and thus I knew from the start that I have a passion for the kids and physically educating them. I know that teaching is the right profession for me and cannot wait to have students of my own. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages I have considered.

Advantages:
-          Working with children each day
-          Really changing the lives of my students
-          Routine schedule each day
-          Weekends, holidays, and summers are off from school
-          Teachers are constantly learning each and every day
-          Working with other teachers and thus developing relationships with other professionals
-          Ability to share your personal knowledge with others
-          Although starting salaries are not very high, teachers work their way up to a higher and higher salary
-          Having a job as a teachers usually comes with other benefits such as health insurance
-          When a teacher has a family and kids, the job is convenient because the school days are synched together
-          The union is a resource that strives to better

Disadvantages:
-          Starting salary is quite low
-          Work doesn’t really end when the school day is over- teachers are at the school early, leave late and often must do work at home to make sure they are fully prepared
-          Teaching a large number of students at once
-          Some schools with smaller budgets do not have great physical education equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment