Tuesday, January 24, 2012

APEM!!!

I was appointed to be the president of APEM (alliance of physical education majors) this semester. For the past three semesters I was the treasurer of the club and it was truly a rewarding experience. It was most definitely a lot of work and at times it was quite stressful to be in charge of all of the money and having to hand into forms to SGA on time. But I am an extremely well organized person so it seemed like a good fit for me. After last semester I was one of the only remaining officers as many of the officers moved on to student teaching. Thus I took on the responsibility of being the president this semester. Although I was a little bit nervous to take on such a large leadership responsibility, I was also very excited!

Tonight was our first meeting and I was very excited to see the turnout. There were many more people there than I expected and everyone seemed excited for the start of the semester. I was excited to share with all the members all of the exciting things we have planned for the semester. I think that the event that I am most excited about is probably our trip to the national AAHPERD conference in Boston in March. This will be an excellent opportunity for professional growth. I have really enjoyed attending the New York State AHPERD Conference for the past 3 years and thus I am excited to continue my education journey to the huge national conference.

I know that being president of APEM this semester is going to require a lot of time, energy, and commitment. Yet I know that it will be an excellent leadership opportunity for me and I am excited to see what exciting things this semester will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment