Sunday, April 1, 2012

SUNY Cortland Accepted Student Open House


Today was the Open House for accepted students at SUNY Cortland. I was invited to sit at the table for the APEM group because I am the president of the club. So this morning the vice president and myself went to the open house. Dr. Couteriour and Ms.Wright were there at the physical education table to explain information about the major and answer any of the questions that people had about the major. I must admit that was exhausting for over 2 hours straight but it was pretty awesome to see all these new faces of people who will be students in the fall. There was a broad range of emotions amongst the accepted students. I could tell that some of the students were more nervous and had a lot of different questions about not only the major but also about campus life in general. Then there were also some students who were so excited about coming to Cortland! I had so many great things to say about the physical education program and the faculty here at Cortland. I have loved every minute of my time here at Cortland and at times I might be super stressed with all the work I have to do. But I know that in the end it will be worth it when I have the job I have always wanted. It was exciting to see so many incoming freshman and transfer students ready to immerse themselves in all the physical education that Cortland has to offer. I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing some new faces at APEM next semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment