Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dancing through life


Today in my PED 356 class we began discussing different implication for teaching dance to students with disabilities. My professor Dr. Craft showed us this video before we even began our discussion. I think that the fact that she showed us the video before the lecture and discussion made a huge difference because seeing the video showed me just how much students with disabilities are really capable of. I think that this video is absolutely incredible and so humbling. To see a young man with no function in his legs dance the way he does in the video using his crutches and great upper body strength is phenomenal. It was interesting to learn about teaching students with disabilities different dances, and it was awesome to learn how much these students really enjoy dance units. 

No comments:

Post a Comment